Wanna Hire Me to Guide You as We Visit the Sacred and Magical Sites of Ireland?
(Ok, that sounds more dodgy than it should… just to be clear, professional tour guiding is the only service on offer here!)
You can visit Ireland in the company of a local, so you don’t miss (or misunderstand) anything important. I was employed as a Tour Guide and Manager at one of of our most important sacred sites (Rathcroghan) for a decade, and I’ve been a Pagan Priestess for over two decades – spiritually working as a Guide and Guardian. I travel to and explore Ireland’s most interesting and magical sacred sites on a regular basis (at least monthly now) to keep me actively and personally connected.
So you get access to my knowledge and experience in Irish Archaeology, Mythology, Folklore, Source Literature, Native Spirituality, Ritual and Magical Techniques, Indigenous Language and Culture.
There’s a lot to show and tell from this unique perspective, and I’d love to share that with you as you visit Ireland.
Your Options to Hire Me as Your Irish Tour Guide
Option 1: Guiding Your Group
If you have a tour group organised to come to Ireland, you can book me to come and join you on your bus, for a day or multiple days.
- A single day runs from 10am to 6pm (but that’s flexible to suit your schedule).
- My fee is €300 per day or part of day, plus you feed me lunch and dinner.
- For multiple days, you pay for accommodation and breakfast for necessary overnights – doesn’t have to be fancy but clean, and private, is essential.
- I will cover my own transport costs to and from your location.
Option 2: Private Tour Guide Experience
In short – you hire me as your private guide for as many days as you’d like, and I can pick you up from the airport, guide you and drive you round to exactly where you want to go, work with other local tour guides and experts in my network, facilitate your personal spiritual or magical experiences there, and take care of where you’ll sleep each night.
- We discuss and agree dates and availability for your chosen time frame in Ireland.
- We discuss what sites or locations you’d like to visit with me, or what it’s most important for you to do – from the big famous fancy ones, to walking through the village your ancestors came from – then with my expert advice and local knowledge we make a plan for an efficient and completely personalised route around the island.
- You book and pay for your flights to and from Dublin Airport.
- You pay me €900 per day or part thereof – which can be split between a max of 4 people (add me, and that’s the max of 5 in the car). So for 3 people, that’s €300 each per person per day; for 4 people, €225 each per person per day. See the following for what’s included in that fee.
- I collect you (and 1-3 of your family/friends) at the airport (or your location of choice) in a nice comfortable rental car, which I will drive for the duration of your tour. All fuel, insurance, tax and toll fees are included.
- For each night in between the days you have booked with me, your accommodation and breakfast is taken care of by me – including reservations and room payment (but not any extra room charges that may be incurred). Please note you will be sharing a room!
- We follow the planned route and visit the agreed locations between 10am and 6pm each day. Any site entry fees, local tour guide costs, etc are covered by me, but you tipping folk is appreciated.
- Depending on what sites you have requested, it may be appropriate to do small rituals, observe local folk traditions, or take care of such personal spiritual work as may arise for you. I will facilitate and oversee this. Any spending for appropriate offerings to the Other Crowd (whiskey, wine, cream, and such) will be suggested and guided by me, but covered by you.
- Besides breakfasts, you will take care of all your own lunches and dinners, drinks and snacks expense each day, and I will take care of all mine.
- We can eat dinner together (or separately, if you’re sick of the sight and sound of me any of the days), but evening engagement and entertainment is not included in your booking. Sometimes I’d be up for a few drinks and a chat after hours, but cards on the table – I’m an introvert by nature, and solo down time is really important for me to recharge! I will do my best to include interesting suggestions for stuff to do after dark, but a lot will depend on where we are and what’s in range, based on your daytime activity plans. After hours transport/taxi service is not included.
- On your last day’s booking, I will drop you back to the airport (or to a location of your choice) by 6pm, then take care of the rental car return etc. Hopefully we’ll have gotten along swimmingly and can stay in touch after your visit!
- Booking is charged per single day of my time, 10am to 6pm, or part thereof, so be sure to fly in/arrange to meet close to 10am and depart close to 6pm for maximum value 😉
- My tours are family friendly* – I’m a mother with 3 kids myself so I know how it all goes! It’s up to you to be responsible for and entertain your kids for the duration, but we can design an experience that has something for all the family, if you think your kids are up for doing the stuff you want to do, and vice versa.
- As it’s a private and personalised tour, we can accommodate around any allergies, disabilities, physical or non-physical considerations** – once discussed well in advance of your arrival.
- I operate an entirely open and inclusive private tour guide system – no matter your race, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexuality, or ability – you are welcome to work with me.
*Safety Notice – I won’t be able to be alone with your children at ANY point during your visit (for my protection!), but I am fully Garda Vetted, have many years professional training and experience with school tours of all ages, and I am an active registered Scouter (Cub Leader, currently) with Scouting Ireland.
**Other Safety Notice – As I won’t be personally cooking food or preparing accommodations, the usual caveats and care must apply for other people’s ignorance or oversight. But I will absolutely guarantee to check and double check for my part, and be vigilant for anything I am made aware of.
Sacred Site Options we can include on Your Tour
Really, we can go ANYWHERE on the island, but here’s some of the most popular:
- Rathcroghan Royal Site, Co. Roscommon
- Tara Royal Site, Co. Meath
- Uisneach Sacred Centre, Co. Westmeath
- Emhain Macha Royal Site, Co. Armagh
- Sites Associated with the Morrigan
- Tlachtga, Hill of Ward, Co. Meath
- Lough Gur & Grange Stone Circle, Co. Limerick
- Boyne Valley, Newgrange, Co. Meath
- Clare Island, home of Gráinne Mhaol, Co. Mayo
- Home of Biddy Early, Co. Clare
- The Caves of Kesh, Co. Sligo
- Boa Island, Co. Fermanagh
- Tailteann, Telltown, Co. Meath
- Carrowkeel Passage Tombs, Co. Sligo
- The House of Donn, Co. Cork
- Glendalough, Co. Wicklow
- Sliabh na Caillaighe, Loughcrew, Co. Meath
What will you do on your tour of Ireland?
Use the Contact Form Below, or Send Me an Email to Begin Discussing Your Ideal Irish Tour!
IrishSpirituality at Gmail
Meanwhile, find your Authentic Irish Connection at www.Patreon.com/LoraOBrien